These are those certificates which are necessary to ensure that notarial documents authorised in Catalonia can take effect in foreign countries.
- The apostille is a certificate approved by the 1961 Hague Convention to certify the authenticity of the signature on the document and allow it to be used in foreign countries. The certificate is attached to the original document to ensure that the latter is valid in other countries.
- At present there are 114 member countries of the Hague Convention, among them most of the European countries.
- More than 84,000 are done every year.
- Legalisation is a certificate to authorise the validity of the documents outside their country of origin, but in this case is used for all those countries which do not belong to the Hague Convention.
- More than 50,000 are done every year.
Location and schedule
Carrer Notariat 2
Phone: 93 317 48 00
Fax: 93 302 63 31
Public opening hours:
Monday to Friday from 9:30h to 13:30h
Tuesday and Thursday from 16h to 18h
(except July and August)